January 6, 2009

They roam...the husband and boy...


while I'm at work. The son magicked by the deer, the husband too, until he becomes angry about the rude adults who burst onto the scene yakking without apology on their power walk - just as the the boy neared the deer - and scared them away. We have a lot of that type around here, so busy marching, they don't breath, so busy talking, they don't hear, and so on. There are so many who forget what magic is and where it hides and how to find it. Such a terrible thing. I feel sorry for them.

3 comments:

Rowan said...

I know exactly what you mean, I meet so many people when I am in the woods or on the moors who see and hear nothing - many of them are firmly attached to their i-pods. They miss all the wonderful birdsong and the sound of the river or the wind in the trees, like you I feel sorry for them.

Nan said...

One of the worst examples of narcissism, I think. Me, getting fit. Me, listening to my own music. Me, not connected to the world around me.

Anonymous said...

Awww I was just in the woods the other day with a friend, we saw ten deer in total but there were quite a few joggers, at least they didn't make much noise