January 14, 2009

Farewell, Patrick McGoohan











My Dad had the corner on loving the series The Prisoner as well as being a big fan of Patrick McGoohan. My husband loves the series as well, one of his sisters gave him the complete dvd collection a few years back to his great pleasure. I remain most devoted to his appearance in The Three Lives of Thomasina, a 1964 Disney movie I was slightly obsessed with and watched loyally whenever it came on the television, but also a big fan of his other work.

2 comments:

alison said...

Hi Susan,
I remember my dad was a big fan of Patrick McGoohan as well. I'm thinking my husband would like The Prisoner as well - hopefully my library will have it. If I remember correctly - wasn't he the king in Braveheart?

I hope you're staying warm and cozy!

Susan Moorhead said...

He was! I was surprised to read he was born in the US and then moved to Ireland as a child - for some reason I always thought he was Scottish (maybe from Thomasina). Totally Brrr here, too. Stay toasty!