June 2, 2010

Doughnut cake madness





This is the thought that came to me in the middle of the night - I will get a cone and I will make a munchkin donut tower! Yaha! This is possibly why I do not rule the world as these are the sort of thoughts rattling around in my bean.
It took about 100 doughnut holes and two trips to Dunkin Donuts to fetch them all. Plus a trip to Michael's for the cone (if you want to make one - cover one of those styrofoam flower decorating cones with foil and stick donut munchkins on using toothpicks putting toothpick in first and then donut, packing tightly).
Was it a hit? When you can get a bunch of 11 year old boys tumbling in the door to stop, open their mouths up in silent awe and then utter all sorts of wowza, you have reached the mountain top, my friend. Who can ask for more?

3 comments:

rachel said...

That is SO silly! I want one!

And much better to lie awake in the middle of the night thinking about this sort of fun than about problems and worries......

Susan Moorhead said...

Come on over, I'll make you a cake!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I'm very keen on all kinds of Wowza myself , on occasions . Perhaps I'll make myself a Low Fat Cottage Cheese cone for lunch ?