June 26, 2010

Library windows














The theme for summer reading in New York State (and a fair amount of others) is Make a Splash (with reading at your library presumably), hence our themed windows. Have to say afterwards I wish I had done an Amos and Boris whale and continued the mouse theme and put a whole lot more fish up but a girl gets tired and I was mostly winging it (my original sketch was a beach scene - sort of
Harry the dog at the beach but then I realized I have zero sense of perspective and couldn't pull it off). I generally decorate the library windows twice a year - spring reading program and then summer as both have themes. One of my favorite comments ever was an adult telling me that it was so great I made my art kid-friendly. No attempt at a childlike quality - this is the way I draw!

No comments: