August 17, 2011

On the Jersey side





















Great family visit on the other side of the Hudson. Glass bottles at a jumping lunch spot called Raymond's, noisy but good vibes and fish and chips (which more than made up for the awful fish and chips I had at a sea food joint in Ct a few weeks ago). A return visit to the store where I purchased a great Jonah in the whale print last year - this year, a mermaid to inspire me. Whole foods veggie wall Inspired by WF treat - the
Australian cheddar from WF on Scottish oatcakes as a prior munch, great combo. Dropped in at the Anthro while strolling about - is it wrong to love their store set-up and design more than their actual products half the time? My favorite remains the one in Westport, Ct. but this one in Montclair made me remember how much I like lofts - love the brick and raw and open space, light and ceiling height.
Best of all, of course, hanging with the sister, bro-in-law, and visit from the nices (which was a mistake but really, the niece and the great-niece really need to be called the nices).

No comments: