August 24, 2011

Mystic Poetry box




















Poetry box installation up in Mystic, Ct outside a seaside gallery. Not sure if it is part of the gallery or part of the pebbled path with a gray water and boats view especially as a second poetry box was rather battered with its Pablo Neruda poem missing (and doors and sides). I think I might have picked a more sea-inclined poem but poetry speaks to all of us differently, so I bow to the artist's choice. Especially since I love her poetry box creation. Inside the box, besides the poem, is a notebook and pencil where I scribbled a sea haiku of sorts, just love the whole idea - would love to see it everywhere - Can you imagine being in the middle of the woods and there is a poem box? Inside, what would you find? Poems written by bears and bees and owls and the tiniest of mice leaving poems in the tracks of their delicate feet.

No comments: