July 22, 2011

Lake Champlain





















Love the first glimpse of Lake Champlain at the bottom of the hill when you are driving into Burlington. Way fun job someone has taking a floating raft around - I'll do that! (It's in the genes, my Mom wanted to be a tugboat Captain - which for a very ladylike elegant woman quite threw me through a loop when she shared that tidbit). We took a boat ride out, lazy afternoon on an open deck with iced tea and cheese and fruit platter to munch as you watch the boaters wave as you pass by - or in my case, look for Champy as you cruise around for an hour and a half, trying to psychically tell him or her to rise to the surface and greet you...yeah, it didn't work for me on Loch Ness either. Champy and Nessie - I'm one of the good guys! Show yourselves!

No comments: