October 13, 2010

Centennial Celebration PSA




















An afterwork trek into NYC where the eagle statue from my standpoint in the taxicab line looked like a Jurassic Park raptor waiting to pounce. Long line outside the Cooper Union hall as well, worth the hour wait: Poetry Society of America's centennial program with a remarkable handful of poet laureates reading including Charles Simic reading one of my favorite poems (when he walked near me after the reading, it took great self-control to not rush over like some crazed loon and gush. I contented myself with feeling THRILLED to be a few feet away. Let others have their Hollywood - give me poets any day of the week). All the poets were wonderful and Natalie Merchant was fantastic, performing songs from her amazing Leave Your Sleep collection, very moving.
Did not partake of any goodies from Magnolia Bakery in Grand Central Station but enjoyed the skill of the baker while waiting for my train home.

No comments: