December 29, 2010

fly through the air with the greatest of ease

















only to land CLUNK on the ground. At a doctor's office of all things, falling down the stairs. Been a long time since I fell like that - about six steps and into the hallway (I must be jet-propelled). So odd. Laying on the floor of a medical building's basement thinking, gee whiz, I just fell down the stairs. I am actually fine except for a sore wrist and hand and a sideways view of the world. Thank goodness for a coat that is like wearing a giant sleeping bag. And thanks to the lovely man who came to my aid and the lovely nurses whose first response was "would you like some tea?". My kind of medical attention :)

6 comments:

nan said...

oh, Susan! Ouch! Hope the soreness dissipates quickly.

WOL said...

I hope you did not hit your head. Remember "RICE" for injured limbs: Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. Ice on and off for the first 24 hours, then change to hot compresses to speed healing, compression (with an Ace wrap) and elevation to minimize swelling.

WOL said...

P.S.
http://grundlepod.blogspot.com/2010/12/sky-was-saucer.html

Susan Moorhead said...

Fortunately, did not hit head, landed on side, and as luck would have it, had a doctor's appt the same day scheduled... am achier now than I was earlier...
and LOVE the way you arranged the quote and the moon photo :)

Nan said...

Glad you are okay, Susan.

Molly said...

Ouch, Susan, that sounds horribly painful. Hope the soreness goes soon.