August 6, 2008

Snip, snip


A discussion at library - how would you know when a children's librarian has really snapped? Puppet starts saying inappropriate things? When she's wearing a dress made out of a torn-up thesaurus? When she keeps performing the same fingerplay over and over like a stuck record? (Thanks, M. for that one!). Clearly the summer crowd is getting to us - most of the time it seems the library is used only for the a/c and the computer games.
Maybe it's just the August blues, but I might just be a scissor snip away from wearing a paper dress and using my rabbit puppet for in-depth therapy.
(Hopping over, Charlotte Rabbit asks - but, Susan, how do you really feel?)

2 comments:

alison said...

I know what you mean about the summer library crowd - I always try to take my kids early to avoid those who come in still dripping from the pool or make towering stacks of dvds only (ok, maybe there's 1 Spongebob book in there, but it's only there to serve as a tower base) to take home while their moms are on the computer!
By the way, have you seen the book The Creative Family by Amanda Blake Soule? I LOVE it, and your favorites list in your About Me makes me think you'd like it too.

Susan Moorhead said...

Hi Alison,
I have her blog listed as one of my faves - Soulemama... I think she is so terrific. I often wish my my two oldest kids were younger (now 22 and 19) that I was online because it is so enviable how the moms are all connected now...I do have a 9 year old now besides the oldest kids, but I am not as creative with him as I was with the older kids...maybe I ran out of steam? I love your comment about the lone junky book as a tower base - hysterically true!