July 6, 2013

Bunny chats

Early this morning I was having a small chat with the baby bunny who has been living in our back yard. How he has survived the foxes, the hunting cats, the coyotes, the hawks, and whatever other ill fate may befall bunnies is beyond me. Especially with this ladedah attitude in my front yard this morning. Drinking coffee and squinting out the window over the kitchen sink trying to determine if I was really seeing what I was seeing. Baby bunny stretched out in great comfort, facing the yard across the street where the mean cats live. I mean, are we just trying to tempt fate? Had to wander around and inform him that the expression "dumb bunny" seemed somewhat appropo. Shooing him into the back yard, the around the corner neighbor with his rather terrifying slavering dog passes by, dog pulling at the leash like a hellhound bent on munching bunny while my neighbor informs me he hates the rabbit. I nearly wondered if he was going to let the dog go. Well, I don't care if he eats all my basil, I announced, I love the bunny. Neighbor snorts, you're better than me. Bunny hopefully well hidden in back yard. But seriously bunny, stop eating my basil. It really annoys.

1 comment:

GretchenJoanna said...

Oh, I hope he can stay alive!