February 23, 2012

The Last Cake




















The Don't Worry, Be Happy cake also known as the Don't Worry, Be Happy, Dammit! cake or the Irony cake as the baker of the happy cake is deeply unhappy and cursing up a blue streak as it is sliding into oblivion. I think I didn't let the cake cool enough before I put the layers (3) together. And someone took the packet of long wooden skewers I was counting on in case of slidage (I am assuming the birthday boy himself is guilty of this as he is a big marshmallow over the stovetop flame fan). Will the cake be in one piece by the time he gets home at 8? This last cake on his golden birthday (same age as date of birthday according to Urban Dictionary, my pal Joan says in Spain it is called something as well and is good luck) is the LAST cake for the oldest son and not up to creative standards perhaps as some of the earlier ventures. Still. 23 on 23, a carrot cake with dyed yellow cream cheese frosting sliding into oblivion - the good thing? Cake, even sliding in Titanic proportions, still tastes good.

5 comments:

Charlestonjoan said...

Wow! What an amazing cake. You are good! I bet it was delicious. I am guilty of frosting warm cakes. Impatient baker here.

Nan said...

You are amazing! I never attempted any fancy cakes.

Bill's Breakfast & Bait said...

Last cake? Who're you kidding, you old softy?

Stephanie said...

I knew it was time did a cake! I said to myself the other day- "isn't it time for one of Susan's cakes?" truth. I love it as usual!

Susan Moorhead said...

Thanks all! The boy-o is still enjoying it so it was worth the effort :)