October 16, 2014

A new poem out for your reading pleasure :)


I am liking using these photos from Cape Cod (our August vacation) to illustrate writing work that is out.  I meant to have a lot of great posts from Cape Cod but have been falling behind blog posts, getting photos out of cameras, and quite a lot besides that.  Not the most organized time for me, summer.  Hopefully the more interior life of winter will allow me to get my assorted houses (literary, emotional, spiritual, and actual very messy one) in order.
Meanwhile, a good thing - a new poem out on the great new site I only recently discovered, Woman Around Town. My poem, The Botanical Gardens Gift Shop, is available to read here.  I hope you enjoy it and - as ever - thoughts on any work is always appreciated.

4 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

I loved your poem. It was evocative - I could see those women too. The details so good, so true to life. And I like the compassion and fellow feeling that shines out of it too.

Anonymous said...

Lovely and loving to all your sisters Suz. L, J

GretchenJoanna said...

I love this, Susan! You capture the feeling that I also have with other women, more so as I get older, and you take it deeper and broader and show how connected all our parts are, within us and to others. Even when the women in the poem are having what some might call (ugh) Me Time, they are loving their grandchildren and teaching them to rise up and be human. You make me appreciate my sisters more, and you bolster my own courage, too.

Susan Moorhead said...

Thank you Jenny and Joan and Gretchen - just found your comment today, Gretchen - I really have to figure out how to use my phone better for this. Only when I come on the big computer can I find things! I so appreciate your remarks, thank you!